Friday, July 10, 2015

Creating with Grasshopper: Circular Lofts


I was exploring three point circles when I realized that I could use grasshopper to manipulate lofted circular forms dynamically.




I started with three curves in space, broke them down into smaller segments, used the end points to create 3 point circles, and then lofted them into vase forms. By rotating the original curves, I was able to really create complex forms and transitions. Fun!


Did some iteration studies:



---------------------------

Continued form finding exercise... with a little help from array:



A refinement in array allows me to rotate the form in an array. Could be interesting once I develop enough tools to "animate" this form.

3dm | gh



Clusterizing this array and rotate portion leaves a beautifully simple script.






No comments:

Post a Comment