Tuesday, September 11, 2012

City Collection

From time to time I wander through Google Earth, mesmerized by the intricacies of these 3d models (though they are shallow approximations). As a record I've started to gather a few parcels here and there of our cities, for myself and others who want to play around:



Berlin

Barcelona, Spain

Colosseum, Rome

Central Park, NYC  Link updated 131019

rhino5 capture with glxtractor


Paris

Prague

Shanghai Bund, China

Vatican See, Rome

Venice, Italy



1 comment:

  1. Hello JImmy
    My name is Sévan I'm a french student in architecture
    I'm working on a project located in Barcelona, but it's not the same site that you did
    It's an exercice to train to Europan contest
    location :
    latitude = 41°26'44.66"N
    longitude = 2°11'47.71"E

    I give you the link to see the frame :
    https://maps.google.fr/maps/myplaces?ll=41.447134,2.197094&spn=0.013157,0.01929&ctz=-120&t=h&z=16

    I hope you can help us, I'm so impressed by your last works
    you are like a Robin Hood of geography

    thank u very much, bye

    Sévan

    ReplyDelete