Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rhino Hidden Line



A few of us at work had been complaining that Rhino did not have an easy to use hidden line feature. But there is, if you know how to set it up. It involves creating a "new display option" (AdvancedDisplay). 

I've written this .rvb script (for rhino4 or rhino5wip) that will allow you to easily toggle in and out of a hiddenline mode. 
 
SetHiddenLineMode.rvb - (change .txt to .rvb)
Hidden Line.ini - setup file with colors
Hidden Line White.ini - setup files with just white lines


For example, you have an image with lots of layers, lots of meshes, and lots of extraneous lines:


To load the script, the first time you'll need to import the .ini files:


I normally link the script to "HiddenLineMode" alias in rhino, and with HiddenLineWhite mode, I get this:

Then, with a bit of photoshop, I'll get the nice black-on-white:


(I'll show you how to get a hi-res image later)

No comments:

Post a Comment